Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break

Spring break is upon us and the team is traveling to florida. Unfortunately im not traveling this week with the team but their could be worse things in life. Im only a freshman so still learning the system can be a challenge. The upperclassman on our team are rediculous and are the engine behind the whole squad. Over break i decided to go with a kid on my team that stayed behind to his hometown on Long Island. He gave me a ride to Commack, then i was picked up by my boy who lives in Smithtown. I chilled their for the night, saw all the sights and sounds of wonderful Long Island. It reminds me exactly of Cape Cod. The small shops and restaurants looked very familiar to me. I had to wake up really early in the morning and take the ferry acrsoss the water to Bridgeport Connecticut. My father picked me up there at around 1230 and I came home to a family party. My mothers twin sister was up from Virginia visiting for the weekend so all the aunts and uncles were over. It was good to come home to that because that means my mom was cooking up a bomb dinner. The last thing i needed was another fantastic meal from predictable Nuebig. On Sunday, i woke up early wit the crew and went into the city for the St. Pattys day parade. Nice little pre game session in Bridgewater then we took the train into the city and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the Bean. South Boston, however, is not your typical city. It is much different from going into the financial district of Boston, which has all the big buildings and monuments. It is the ideal Irish Town and it was perfect for the holiday. I had a great time with all my boys from back home and st. pattys day was a blast.

3 comments:

  1. You were on Long Island?! I can't say I'm surprised you liked it, why wouldn't you, it's amazing. haha just kidding!! But glad to here your spring break was good and you had a good time is bawwwston for St. Patrick's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're blog is really cool. Of course you had fun on Long Island it's one of the coolest places ever! My uncle lives there so I totally get how much fun you had. :)haha and a family dinner at home sounds excellent--one can only have so much Neubig.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im not sure i can say i like long island more than i like boston. ive been to both places a lot but boston is still at the top of my list. sounds like a solid break dude.

    ReplyDelete